January 24, 2014

Inchie Arts LOVE

Whenever I'm ready to play with a mixed media look on a card, the first product I love to reach for is an Inchie Arts Art Square.
Today I'm using a white 3 x 3 inch Art Square on my card.
Sending Hugs
I began by stamping Penny Black 30-205 Enchanted Garden using Ranger Archival Black Ink.  I choose this particular ink because I was planning on adding several "wet" layers and it will not smear.  Next I painted my image using Dr. Ph Martin's Hydrus watercolors. The background around the heart was painted with a combination of Dr. Ph Martin's Hydrus watercolors and Ranger Distress Paints.  The flourishes were stamped using a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pen.  I also used a black Stamper's Big Brush Pen to outline the heart, blending with my finger before the ink dried.  Finally, to give this an artsy feel, I flicked Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gesso onto the piece.  You can see than even with tons of layers, the Art Square has not warped one bit... wahoo!
Sending Hugs
For more Inchie Arts inspiration visit their BLOG and FACEBOOK page.