December 20, 2013

Studio Sessions: Memento Luxe Inks, 4 of 4

It's our final day of Studio Sessions--well for now, anyways. I know I'll be back in the studio with my blogging buddy, Elizabeth, very soon!
Studio Sessions
It's been a TREAT to feature the following and I know I will be continuing to reach for these inks lots in the future.
studio sessions featuringm luxe
Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Memento Luxe Ink
Additional Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Inspiration on their FACEBOOK PAGE
For my final project, I used the rich pigment ink for a mixed media project.  Because the ink is archival and very "juicy," I was able to complete this 12 x 4 inch canvas using only paper, gel medium, and my inks! No paints required!
IMG_1263
Here are a few stepped-out photos to show you my process.
First, I adhered an old piece of sheet music I purchased at second hand store randomly to my canvas using gel medium. I then pressed my Wedding Dress ink pad all over the canvas.  This brightened up the old, yellowed paper.  
IMG_1044
I die cut several pieces of cardstock using Penny Black Creative Dies, Leaves.  I inked these die cuts using the Memento Luxe Inks.  Once dry, I adhered them to my canvas using gel medium.  The word "love" was part of the title on the sheet music.
IMG_1045
I then inked the background using the inks.  Toffee Crunch ink gave the piece a vintage feel.
IMG_1243
Next, I added dimension around the die cuts using a Fantastix and Tuxedo Black Ink.
IMG_1244
Before the background inking was dry, I placed a stencil over the piece and randomly removed ink using a baby wipe.
IMG_1245
Finally, a bit of stamping and even more inking to the edges finish off the piece.
IMG_1266

IMG_1263
Here are a couple close-ups of the detail I was able to achieve simply using Memento Luxe inks with die cuts, canvas, and stamps.
IMG_1267

IMG_1265
Now it's time to see what Elizabeth has designed today.  
I can't think of a better way to start the weekend full of inspiration!
Studio Sessions
Thanks for your visits this week, my friends!