November 15, 2013

Inchie Arts: Grungy Christmas

I have been in the mood to play with all things distress/grunge, so today I reached for a 4" Inchie Arts white Art Square (perfect for LOTS of distress media) and my Distress Markers, Distress Ink, and Distress Paint.
And yes, you read that right, a 4" Art Square!!
By popular demand, Inchie Arts is testing a 4" Art Square. They are not available for purchase yet, because they are seeking feedback on introducing this new size. If you think they should make these available please leave a comment on the Inchie Arts facebook page.  
Here are the layers on my Art Square: 
1. Stamping and embossing (Penny Black 40-187 Holly Tree)
2. Distress Markers (Peeled Paint, Broken China, Barn Door, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey) and water 
3. Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs)
I especially loved that with the Art Square that I could go back without any problem to add Distress Ink using an ink blending tool and a foam pad even though I had already watercolored on the Art Square surface.  No "piling" or textural problems.... 
IMG_0999
To finish off my card, I used Distress Paints and Distress Ink to create the red background (Spun Sugar, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Gathered Twigs).  Sentiment by SRM Stickers (#55002 Christmas), ribbon by Ribbons Unlimited, and jute by May Arts.
 For more Inchie Arts inspiration visit their BLOG and FACEBOOK page.