August 30, 2013

Mixed Media with Inchie Arts

One thing I love about mixed media is that in adding layers the project seems to create itself and I never know what I will end up with.  When I don't have a particular technique in mind, I really like starting my mixed media projects using an Art Square because I know that no matter how many layers I add, the matboard square will never warp and will help my mediums look their best.  
IMG_0873
For this card, I began with a white ATC Art Square.  I stamped my image, Penny Black 3633K Clusters, with VersaMark ink and then embossed with white powder. (Yep, you can emboss on your Art Squares!)  Then I let the media mixing begin....
IMG_0872
Here are the layers I added next:
1) Distress Markers to color the image and the background then spritzed with water
2) Distress Paint dabbed on and spread with my fingers around the image
3) Copic markers inside the flowers to create more depth
4) Memento Markers blended with water around the flowers (orange)

So fun to just play, paint, and get inky!  And to finish things off I mounted my Art Square to red cardstock and layered onto my card.  Sentiment by Penny Black, Sentimental.
For more Inchie Arts inspiration, visit their FACEBOOK PAGE and BLOG.