May 3, 2013

Announcing...Fun Friday Collabo with Darlene!

All through the month of May I'm sooooo excited to announce that I will be collaborating with my talented crafty friend Darlene DeVries!  I'm super honored to be working with Darlene as I'm such an admirer of her work and awesome videos.
May 3
Today we are both using Penny Black's Tiger Lily cling stamp.  
Here's what I've created...
IMG_0356
I began by stamping the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then I colored it with Copics.  I cut out the image and added it to the card with pop dots.  The yellow background was created by inking white cardstock using an Our Crafter's Workshop with Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink along with Sun Flower Palette Ink.  Once dry, I dipped my paintbrush into Gesso and flicked it onto the background.
IMG_0358
Now be sure to click HERE to visit Darlene's blog to see what she's created with this same stamp!  I'm headed there myself!
Oh and because Darlene and I both think "the more the merrier" when it comes to stamping, if you want to play along with our collaboration, just make a card using this same stamp and upload it to the Penny Circle flickr gallery and tag it with JillDarlene.  On June 7th on our blogs, both Darlene and I will be featuring cards of folks who've played along!