May 3, 2011

Peet *Day 2*

This next card by the lovely Peet is going to TOTALLY knock your socks off:And here's my very humble take:



I began by stamping and coloring the flower (Penny Black 4160K cheerful) with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Next I colored it using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers and Pastel Pencils. The music background (Penny Black 2025M) was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on white cardstock and then distressed with Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. The light background began as white paper and was distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I stamped 40-046 Circular Design by Penny Black using Antique Linen Distress Ink directly on this background. The green cardbase was created using Penny Black Mix and Match cardstock.

And before I go I figured it was about time that I did a little enabling! :) Penny Black has just released a FAB new catalog called A Touch of Whimsy. Seriously, how cute is that name? The two stamps I used today are a couple of my favs from the new release:
4160K cheerful 40-046 circular design You can check out the rest of the catalog HERE. Thanks for stopping by today. See you tomorrow, my friends!

23 comments :

Joy said...

WOW! total stunner her with this creation my friend...gorgeous...really am loving this design...you never cease to amaze me with your talent...hugs!

Denise Marzec said...

BOTH cards are stunning!

Chelsea said...

Love the 3D look and the bright colors!

Lin said...

LOVE what Peet did with that gorgeous stamp, and LOVE your take on it too - both beautiful stamps!

Unknown said...

Love your 3d effect! Those stamps are beautiful, Jill.

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh wow, those are both sooooo pretty! Gotta say it again: WOW! Just love.

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards today! Thanks for the link too, Jill! Hugs!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill I love your "take" on Peet's card. Each are beautiful.

Dotty Jo said...

Glad to see you've picked one of my favourite cards by Peet - isn't it a beauty! And pleeeease don't call your 'take' humble Jill, it's adorable! Jo x

Nancy K said...

seriously glorious cards from both of you today!

shirley said...

Loving both these gorgeous cards!
Love the vintage style of Peet's and the beautiful vivid color of your card Jill.

Brenda said...

My goodness, PEET's Hydrangea look so 3D!!! Love what she did on that card! And I adore your bright take on it, beautiful flower stamp from Penny Black!

78thistles said...

Beautiful card Jill! The coloring on the flower is lovely. Love the magenta and yellow combination.

Conniecrafter said...

Love them both, just beautiful!!

Terri said...

Love both cards! Now I know what to do with my flower stamps.

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Your cards are always so striking! Love those stamps too...may have to try some Penny Black.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

You're TOO humble! You're card is absolutely fabulous! I love the colors and music print background! It just pops! :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous cards, love them!! :) :) :) :)

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on Peet's card! Lovely colors and the new flower is awesome! Love the new catalog, too!

Cathy A said...

Jill, Jill, Jill, how do you do it? One incredible project after another...you are rocking Peet's designs

Unknown said...

Another great CASE card! Love the color of your flower! ;D

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful flower, love how you've edged it off on the card!

judith@poppy cottage said...

I love your blog, and what you do, it's a fabulous idea. I have made a card myself, based on this card, and mentioned you and Peet on my blog, you can find the post here I am an avid follwer now. Congratulations on your DT post, it's well deserved! Judith xx