April 6, 2011

Sally *Day 3*

This is one of my all-time favorite cards by Sally: I LOVE her layered background. The white embossing really adds a unique touch to this card, as does the fun shape. The colors on Sally's flowers are natural but also bold. Finally, that gorgeous ribbon finishes this card off perfectly!
Here is my take: I began by distressing white cardstock with Antique Linen Distress Stain. The flowers (Penny Black 4155L) were inked directly on the stamp with Distress Stain (Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, and Fired Brick) then I misted the stamp with water and stamped. Next, I stamped the script (Hero Arts K5344) with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, removing some ink with a baby wipe before stamping. The base of the card (gold section) began as white cardstock. I applied Antique Linen Distress Stain to my craft sheet. I randomly dipped my white cardstock piece into this ink. Once dry, I swiped a layer of Wild Honey Distress Stain directly on the paper. Sentiment by Hero Arts (CL250). Thanks again for peeking! Can't wait to see you tomorrow with a fun Tiffany Doodles post. :)

22 comments :

Karen Dunbrook said...

just wonderful cards....

Unknown said...

Yes, Sally's card is really special but so is yours! Love the Distress Stains-I would like to try them:)

Alina said...

wow..your card is lovely! Love the bright colors!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous cards, ladies!

Barb said...

That's one of my faves from Sally too, Jill and I adore your take! Amazing layering and colors!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Jill, yes I also fell in love with this card when I spotted it on Sally's blog! Love your take too!!! Jo x

Lin said...

Oh, I have been out of the loop; so glad to see Sally's work here! I love her card, too, and as always, your take on it is uniquely you!

Anonymous said...

You and Sally make beautiful cards! MOM

SOS said...

So beautiful!!!

Chelsea said...

This is a beautiful card. Just got some of these stains ... I will have to try this.

Anonymous said...

Love these! Such scrumptious color!
blessings~

CinnamonSally said...

Wow another beauty Jill, Love all ther vibrant colours, so pretty.

Anette said...

These are both such masterpieces, I'æm speachless!

jen said...

Jill you Rocked it again!! I love both but your work is just amazing!!! I'm so jealous...lol
Can't wait to see more...keep posting. :)
hugs,jen

judkajudi said...

Your well never runs dry! Gorgeous.

Brenda said...

Very beautiful Jill! Sally's card has inspired me many times! I love your take on it, stunning colours!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Jaw dropping!!! Love your card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Gorgeous card!!! I LOVE how you stamped the flowers. And that background...wow!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I like the delicate way that the flower stems are bent sideways! Love that flowing look!

Dawn T said...

such a fun looking card Jill... you are certainly the Queen of Distress Inks.

Conniecrafter said...

Both are goregous, Love your colors and the big flowers!

rk said...

I am absolutely blown away by your bright, cheerful, colorful cards. Your use of distress inks is just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing and all the inspiration you have provided me. My first time here and first comment here :)