December 28, 2009

Diana *Day 3*

You are going to love this sunset photo by Diana:

The orange in this photo is absolutely magnificent! The sun's halo creates a warm glow. A sunset always reminds me of God's greatness and the beautiful gifts He gives us every day, as long as we stop our hectic lives long enough to enjoy the simple things in life.

Here is my take on Diana's photo. I just had to play with those oranges and the bright sun. This card will soon be on its way to my favorite snowbirds... :) Can't wait to see you!


Thanks, my friends, for all of your comments! Your encouragement ALWAYS inspires me! :)

Supplies

Stamps: Sentiment (Hero Arts CL146), Caravan (Inkadinkado), Background Plaid (Martha Stewart); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Black Ink (Stampin' Up), VersaMark and VersaMarker (Tsukineko, Inc.); Other: Misc. Cardstock and Button, Watercolor Pencils (Stampin' Up), Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media), Twine (Darice, Inc.), Circle Punches (EK Success and Martha Stewart), Notebook Border Punch (EK Success)

14 comments :

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, Jill!! This card is fantastic!! And cute, too!! Love your take on Diana's beautiful sunset picture!

Jacqueline said...

Your sunset is gorgeous!
I also enjoy this in the summer time when I can watch the sun set behind the mountains from my back garden.

Nancy said...

I love Diana's inspiration photo...just gorgeous! Your card is so fantastic, wonderful sunset background and those trailers are just adorable! What a great design.

Nancy said...

Diana's photo is stunning, and I love your interpretation. I especially love the background you created.

Linda aka Oz said...

I really love how you don't copy you really are inspired by a factor. I think your desert sunset with the RV (caravan) foreground is brilliant! Oz

Alice said...

WOW!!! this is amazing Jill!! what a beautiful background! gorgeous card!

Diana said...

Jill, it has been such a JOY everyday to be surprised about which photo you chose. What a FANTASTIC job in creating this sunset. Thanks again for this honor!

Anita Rex said...

Jill what a stunning card! It's so amazing to see how you are inspired by Diana's photos! Love that sunset and just love the caravan's! So cool!

dnewsom said...

love how you did the sunset.

somebody who needs to love herself said...

oh my! I usually am a silent reader however this card blew me away literally what a work of art! so so inspiring. thanks for sharing :)

Dotty Jo said...

Totally amazing photograph and a fabulous card! Really enjoying my visits here Jill, and thanks so much for following my blog, Jo x

Heather Maria said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photo by Diana and love your card inspired by it Jill! The background you have created is wonderful and I love the caravan on the distressed road silhouetted against it.

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love this card Jill!! Wow, look at the sunset that you created, really amazing and so vibrant, what a great talent you are!!

Kathy said...

This leaves me speechless!!!!